The Legal Counsel (Korea) will perform broad
legal assignments that are varied and complex in character, acting as counsel
to managers and senior technical employees in business units, the sales,
services and support organization, marketing, IT, human resources and the
finance department.? Specifically, the
individual will spend a significant amount of his/her time preparing and
reviewing variety of contracts and advising on various legal issues involving,
among other things, software licenses, consulting, intellectual property,
purchases and information technology.?
- Operates under broad general supervision of Director of Legal
Affairs, Asia Pacific (who operates from our Tokyo, Japan office), with
latitude for individual judgment and creativity.?
- While the the individual in this role will have access to
guidelines and solicit input from his manager and colleagues, this position
requires the use of both sound legal and business judgment.
- Interacts with managers and employees at the company’s South
Korean location(s), other Asia Pacific managers and other managers in the
U.S., playing a key role in identifying potential obstacles and in helping
move each sales and consulting opportunity forward.?
- Negotiates software licenses, service agreements, nondisclosure
agreements and other technology agreements with customers and corporate
- Responsible for foreseeing and protecting the company against
legal risks arising under local and US corporate laws and
- Works directly with the company’s Legal Department and outside
law firms and advisors.
- Will periodically review standard terms and business practices in
order to determine opportunities for contract and process improvement ?
both globally and, where appropriate, on a local basis.?
- Will draft localized forms and non-standard contract
- Will provide education and training of sales force and other staff
on legal policies and procedures.
- Makes recommendations which may have an important bearing on the
conduct of the company’s business.
- Handling other job-related duties that may be assigned by
management from time to time.
JOB MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Law degree from an accredited law school and admitted to practice
law in South Korea.
- Minimum of three years legal experience, with emphasis in some or
all of the following areas:?
contract drafting, review and negotiation; intellectual property
(copyright, trademark, trade secrets and/or patents); corporate
transactions; corporate governance; mergers & acquisitions; employment
law or other legal issues common to technology and software
- Bilingual in Korean and English.?
?채용담당자 : 안민성 / email@example.com /010-2078-1069